View single post by bear
 Posted: Fri Apr 19th, 2013 12:47 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
bear

Mana: 
But hey, who cares what I say?

I do Sergey.

And I would like to know what you say about the holocaust in just a few words. Not fighting words. Just your view. You see, I am over here, and you are over there. I have only been listening to these videos because I have listened to some revisionists as well.

What I think is that a large number of Jews died. In multiple kinds of death. Just like large numbers of other nationalities and people groups were murdered. I told my husband last year that all I have ever heard about was the 6 million Jews, when there were a lot more people than just the Jewish people who met horrible fates during WWII.

So, I am on a quest for truth. But for me truth does not have to include hatred for Jewish people just because they are Jewish (I am not saying that is your case.) I am just saying that truth does not have to inspire hate. Truth can just be objective. Oh you mean 50 million people died during that war? 44 million, give or take, that were not Jewish? How come I never knew that until now?

As far as I can tell a factual conversation does not have to end poorly. I think information can be exchanged and the persons receiving the information can take the information for what it is: information until confirmed.

Is that not the quest for truth?

I, personally, like extra sharp cheddar and I'll take some blue cheese on my salad as well.