Need help finding a speech  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 16th, 2017 06:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
geraldsmith

Mana: 
Hey there,

years ago, I watched a recording of a speech by a Soviet leader denouncing Stalin, and in the middle of it he is handed a note. He asks "who among you wrote this?" and when he is met with silence, he says "see? this is why we never spoke up"

any ideas who this was and when?

About Me:
I'm new in this forum, I am a consultant and have worked with multiple firms
You can check marketing automation video examples one of my work.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Feb 17th, 2017 10:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Joe Kelley
Administrator

Mana: 
Searching results:

http://www.soviet-empire.com/ussr/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=52227

Supposedly Khruschov said this,but it's most likely just an anecdote.

Alexandr I. Solzhenitsyn was sentenced to a tenner (10 years in the Gulag) for critical words of Stalin.

I like this:

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1970/solzhenitsyn-lecture.html

We shall be told: what can literature possibly do against the ruthless onslaught of open violence? But let us not forget that violence does not live alone and is not capable of living alone: it is necessarily interwoven with falsehood. Between them lies the most intimate, the deepest of natural bonds. Violence finds its only refuge in falsehood, falsehood its only support in violence. Any man who has once acclaimed violence as his METHOD must inexorably choose falsehood as his PRINCIPLE. At its birth violence acts openly and even with pride. But no sooner does it become strong, firmly established, than it senses the rarefaction of the air around it and it cannot continue to exist without descending into a fog of lies, clothing them in sweet talk. It does not always, not necessarily, openly throttle the throat, more often it demands from its subjects only an oath of allegiance to falsehood, only complicity in falsehood.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 09:39 pm  
Power Independence > Book > History > Need help finding a speech Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems