View single post by bear
 Posted: Sun May 12th, 2013 01:20 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
bear

Mana: 
Joe,

{quote]X + Y, to me, is a way of saying, yes, bear, your answer is the answer I had in mind.

For some reason, I thought of the last part of this passage, but the whole passage seems to fit the occasion.

Psalm 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. 2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. 3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Life, in other words, goes forth and multiples.

And yet that power is not completely under our own volition, and ours alone. I cannot know for sure that I will be a Grandmother, even if a comet or any other natural destruction never happens during my lifetime.

There is also a power that takes life. There is also a force that does not give life. My children may not live to adulthood, or my children may never procreate.

Human power is finite?