View single post by kurtwaters
 Posted: Mon Apr 15th, 2013 03:32 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
kurtwaters

Mana: 
Jee-Host wrote

"I think you've chosen the right course of thought in your analysis. Especially the part you mentioned about outside observer. This in itself suggests change of dimensional value, so to speak, throughout the space. It logical that such a change would be gradual rather than abrupt. However, in this case it is important to find out exact significance of using fractional number of dimensions as opposed to integer number. overall, any use of relative numbering such as this is a result of a convenience effort. For any systematic purpose we can use any other numbering, taking any significant (by our account) change as additional integer step. All this doesn't answer about the nature of such a measurement we use to think of as dimension, what it signifies.

In my worldview model I separate two conceptions - space and matter. Difference between them lies not only in their nature (matter being substance and space - not), but also in their relative quantifyiability. Space, unlike matter, we can't precisely quantify. Thus I suppose space to be infinite and matter - finite. But both of them interact with each other, thus they all have mutual effect. Space is anisotropic, and whatever anisotropy it has in any given part of it results in consequential distribution of matter. Now matter we can quantify by types or forms, whichever term you like. Common point being matter's features in interactions.

We consist of matter. Any change in macro mutual affection between space and matter (for simplicity reasons let's narrow it to just matter changes for now) directly affects us, not 'balances' in us as in separate system. What I'm saying is that quantifiable result of matter types affecting the space is what seems to us like space dimensionality. By certain account this measurement for 'our' part of space is 3,00017. Now should 'our' part of space have more or less matter types - that value would change and so would our vision of conception of dimensions. Now obviously this suggests that places with different dimension value do exist since space is anisotropic. But I think I've strayed too far from the point about fractional dimensions."